Tuesday, August 17, 2010
I should call this 'Terminator', with emphasis on the 'T'. Anyway, here a view with a body sort of resting on the chassis. I say 'sort of' because the back of the body is actually sitting on the rear axle.
The car is going to be much lower the A-bone I built --thanks in part to fewer spring leaves, smaller front tires, the bigger kick-up, and the lower 1940 spring perches on the rear axle.
You can see the better body I will be using behind the red one, I plan to change the paint.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Daytons has been eating up all my time since it came to me November '09. So I really haven't done much to the old T project out back --actually I have done nothing in almost a year.
Finally this weekend I welded up the rear cross member kick-up, once again bringing the chassis back to "roller" status. Meaning, I can roll it around instead of having it sit on stands immobile... like furniture.
The significance is twofold; finally the kick-up is off my mind, and I can move on to the next task.
Unfortunately, I misplaced the drawings I made of the kick-up, measurements, and other notes. So I spent much of Saturday re-measuring and trying to figure out what I had planned a year ago. The final look of the kick-up isn't exactly what I had in my head --a nice, gentile s-curve. Two 90-degree turns later --it's done!
Nobody will see it; it's in the trunk anyway.